Recipe by Marlie at @Mylifeinajar_
Start your morning fresh, rejuvenated and ready to the hit ground running!
Acai is a tropical berry found in Brazil and has been herald as a superfood for its long list of health benefits. Acai promotes heart health, skin health, boosts energy and mental function, making it the perfect way to start your day.
If you’ve never tried an acai bowl, allow this to be your first! Acai bowls are like thick smoothies in a bowl and will keep you feeling full for hours. Another reason acai bowls are so great is because of their versatility. Think of any topping and it can be done! Oatmeal, fruits, peanut butter! The possibilities are endless!
Marlie from @Mylifeinajar_ has created this delicious creation to help boost your morning and start your day two steps ahead. Enjoy!
- 1 packet (100g) frozen acai
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you like it!)
- 200mls chocolate coconut water
- 2 tsps Natvia (or more depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (optional but makes it even thicker)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and top with anything you want! (Here I’ve used some berries, granola, cacao nibs and bee pollen).
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.