How can you say no to a fresh, warm, apple pie? You can’t, so why should you! Indulge in this beautiful, refined sugar-free Apple Pie!
- 1 ¼ cup plain wholemeal flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tbs Natvia
- 100g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 400g tin sliced apple
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbs Natvia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Combine the flour, almond meal and Natvia in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined. Add the butter and process until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add 1 of the eggs and process until the dough forms a ball. Knead lightly for 1 minutes before rolling into a pointed cone with a flat bottom. Place your palm on the top point and press down to form a disc. Wrap in plastic and refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling by combining the apple, walnuts, Natvia and cinnamon in a bowl. Pour into a generously greased 20cm pie tin.
- Roll out the pastry between to pieces of baking paper. Place over the pie tin and trim the edges. Remove the pastry and using cookie cutters of your choice, cut out shapes, leaving a border around the edges. Place this back over the pie filling. Use the back of a fork to press the edges down on the edge of the pie tin. Decorate with the cut out shapes.
- Beat the egg lightly and brush lightly over the top of the pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with cream.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!