These cookies are pillowy soft and reminiscent of what many people feel is the best part of every muffin… the muffin top! These cookies are low fat, and sugar free – so these are muffins that you don’t have to feel guilt for indulging. If you prefer, the applesauce can be replaced with vegan butter for a richer cookie, or mashed banana for a denser cookie. Any combination of these three (applesauce, mashed banana, or vegan butter) makes for a lovely cookie.
Recipe by: Kristen Kelley (Instagram @mrskelleyo308)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Natvia
- 1 tbsp ground flax, mixed with 3 tbsp hot water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, room temperature
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl and add Natvia. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients gradually. Mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Dough will be thick.
- Scoop twelve dough balls out onto your cookie sheet. Flatten a bit with your fingers
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the bottom, and set on top.
- Allow cookies to on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling, or enjoy warm.
Recipe makes 12 cookies.