Caramel-Stuffed Choc Chunk Cookies
Recipe by Pamella Higgins
Sleeves up and in the kitchen, you’re going to LOVE these Caramel-stuffed Choc Chunk Cookies! Bite into these cookies freshly baked and you’ll have the second batch baking away in no time.
For the date caramel
- 15 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the cookies
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 50g Natvia natural sweetener
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds (mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50g no added sugar dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a large baking sheet.
- First, make the caramel: Place the dates, milk, vanilla, and salt in a blender and whizz up until smooth. Spoon into a dish and keep in the freezer while you make the cookies.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, Natvia, milk, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and dark chocolate in a large bowl. Pour in the wet mixture and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 9 balls. Remove the caramel mixture from the freezer and divide into 9 small balls. Now place in the centre of each cookie and wrap the dough around it, then place on the baking tray and flatten down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, then leave to cool completely (they will firm up while cooling). Now enjoy!
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.