Coconut & Vanilla Rice Pudding & Stewed Summer Fruit
Recipe by Pamella Higgins
Here’s something deliciously different, try your hand at this fruity Coconut and Vanilla Rice Pudding and Stewed Summer Fruit dish. Take advantage of all the fresh fruits currently in season and put them together in this warm rice pudding. This dish is super versatile, experiment with your favourite in-season fruits and see what amazing flavour combinations you come up with! Enjoy 🙂
For the rice pudding
- 100g pudding rice
- 700ml unsweetened coconut milk (in a carton, not a can)
- 4 tablespoons Natvia Natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or scrape out the seeds from a vanilla pod)
For the stewed fruit
- 4 large sticks of rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 2 nectarines, stoned and cut into chunks
- Large handful of fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved 2 tablespoons Natvia Natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Chopped pistachios, to decorate
- Put the rice, milk, stevia, and vanilla in a large pan and slowly bring to just under the boil, stirring frequently. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 30/40 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked be sure to stir regularly to prevent sticking! Set aside.
- Meanwhile make the stewed fruit: Place the fruit in a pan with the orange juice and stevia and simmer for 10 minutes, until softened. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes the remaining juices will form a syrup.
- Serve the rice pudding while still warm or chill in the fridge then top with some of the fruit and chopped pistachios. Enjoy!
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.