Gluten-free Rainbow cake
Recipe by Ruth at Craft With Cartwright
Looking for not just a delicious and sugar-free surprise, but a super colourful one too? Then we’ve found the right cake for you. Crafted by the lovely Craft with Cartwright, this gluten-free delight will be surely be hit!
- 150g gluten free flour, sieved
- 150g baking margarine
- 150g Natvia sweetener
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops of gluten free red, green and blue food colouring (suitable for baking).
For the icing
- 100g butter, softened
- 200g Natvia sweetener
- Drop of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170c fan, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line two seven inch tins.
- Cream the baking margarine and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs, mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture into four bowls.
- Colour one bowl red, the other blue, one green and leave one plain.
- Spoon the coloured mixtures evenly between the tins, blobbing the colour around.
- Swirl a fork through the mixture to marble and then smooth the surface flat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter, Natvia sweetener and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Once the cakes are cool, use half the icing to sandwich them together and half to decorate the top.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.