Delicious Lemon Shortbread Biscuits
The absolute perfect accompaniment to every cup of tea is a well thought out, impeccably tasting shortbread biscuit. It can really be the difference between a great cup of tea and a great👏 cup👏 of 👏 tea.
Completely free of all refined sugars, our amazing Lemon Shortbread biscuit will mean you can relax, wake up and enjoy your favorite beverage of the day guilt-free
- 150g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Beat softened cream with Natvia and vanilla for about 8 minutes, until super fluffy and super pale
- Add in lemon juice and zest and flour. Mix / knead until just combined, do not over-mix the dough or else your shortbread will be too tough. Add extra lemon if the dough is too dry, or extra flour if too sticky – be cautious while you add
- Press the mixture into a ball and flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Roll out dough on a floured bench or between two baking paper sheets. Roll until the dough is evenly about ½ cm thick. Place back in fridge 10 minutes. If the dough is starting to get too sticky or melting while youre working with it, simply stop and place it in the fridge again. If the dough is too warm it will become too difficult to work with
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes and carefully place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown
- Allow them to cool on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack, they will be very delicate and can break easily before they cool down
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.