Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is a simple chocolate cake recipe made with Natvia natural sweetener instead of sugar. A simple chocolate cake recipe with a sugar free spin that is quick and easy to make.
What is also special about this recipe is that it also uses greek yogurt and sugar free chocolate as the frosting! This is truly a simple and great way to have a classic old chocolate cake recipe, but for once you can get excited about it without the guilt, and without the sugar!
1 & 1/4 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Natvia
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup of milk
pinch of salt
Greek Yogurt Frosting:
1 cup greek yogurt
180g sugar free melted chocolate
1 tbsp Natvia (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine the 1/4 cup self raising flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup Natvia, 1 tsp vanilla essence, and 250g melted (cooled) butter.
- Add the eggs and mix together for at least a minute.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 25 – 35 minutes at 160°C.
- If the cake has sprung back, then it is cooked and does not need to be in the oven for any longer. Don’t overcook the cake!
- Mix the 1 cup of greek yogurt, 180g of sugar free melted chocolate, and add 1 tbsp of Natvia to taste.
- Once mixed, set the frosting aside.
- Once the cake has cooled, spoon the frosting over the top and enjoy a simple sugar free chocolate cake!
Happy Easter to all you bakers out there. Even if you are not a baker out there, this is a great way to get into it, and easy too 😉
Simple chocolate cake recipe for the whole family or even for just one to enjoy! The very best way to spend a chocolate filled evening!
Check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos: Healthy Treats!