Recipe by Miss K_J6
- 1/2 cup wholewheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (can substitute with wholewheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup Natvia
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup no fat Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup natvia icing mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Natvia icing mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line an 8″ spring form cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Carrot cake–
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the sweetener, applesauce, oil, eggs and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently mix until just combined. Gently stir the carrots. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cheesecake ingredients until smooth.
- To assemble:
- Pour half the carrot cake batter into the cake tin and spread to create and even layer.
- Dollop the cheesecake mix randomly onto the carrot cake by the tablespoon (I used about 4 tablespoons worth of cheesecake) but don’t swirl or spread it out.
- Spoon the remaining carrot cake batter over cream cheese layer and then pour the remaining cheesecake mixture over carrot cake layer (try to cover all of the carrot cake mixture).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. If it starts to brown half way through cover with aluminum foil.
- Allows to sit in tin until it cools (I left mine in the fridge for 2-3 hours). Ensure it has entirely cooled before icing.
- Frosting– Place all the frosting ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- I topped mine with some nut clusters for an extra crunch.