What’s better than waking up to a batch of fresh, hot, mouth-watering scones, exactly. Add your favourite jam and voila, heaven on a plate. For our latest recipe, we’re sharing a favourite of everyone’s now sugar-free!
Surprise that special someone or even better, surprise yourself and wake up fresh with some guilt-free, sugar-free scones!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 3 cups SR Flour, plus extra
- 1 tbs Natvia
- 80g Butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup Milk, plus extra
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat to 200C
- Rub together the flour, Natvia and butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Create a well in the middle and pour in the milk, stir with a metal knife until the dough is just combined.
- Lightly dust the bench top with flour and turn out the dough. Gently bring together and knead until smooth.
- Roll out with a flour dusted rolling pin and cut into scones, dipping your scone cutter into flour before each cut. Avoid wiggling the scone cutter as you slice down.
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray, brush the tops with the extra milk and then bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- serve with butter or sugar-free jam and fresh whipped cream.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.